The scale doesn't control you. You control yourself. It's ALL in the decisions you make and the direction you take.

Saturday, July 12, 2014

30 POUNDS DOWN!

30 Pounds down!!!

Saturday, July 12, 2014

I am now OFFICIALLY 30 pounds down from 291! 

I began this journey at a BMI of 51.5 -- I'm now at 46.2 -- a full 5 points down. I still have 7 points to lose to reach the "severely obese" stage. 

I frankly don't see myself as "morbidly obese" but I recognize that it's not based on appearance but WEIGHT. I still have 121 pounds to lose to reach my goal. 

Reach it, I will. 
BMIWeight Status
Below 20.0Under weight
18.5 - 24.9Healthy
25.0 - 29.9Slightly Overweight
30.0 - 34.9Obese
35.0 - 39.9Severely Obese
40.0 and OverMorbidly Obese

I went for my 6 month check-up yesterday and received great news. My BP is low enough now that my Doc halved my BP meds. He's pleased with my weight loss and is halving my Metformin dosage. 

He said if I lose 30 pounds by January, he will likely take me OFF of the Metformin and halve my Lovastatin (Cholesterol med) as well. 

I am so happy! Very positive reinforcement indeed! 

This evening... I am going to try on a pair of size 1X jeans. I don't think they will fit quite yet, but I am interested in seeing how close I am. 

Of course, it is a goal to leave the PLUS sizes behind me. 

I have another goal: to be able to COMFORTABLY cross my legs while seated. All of us who are very overweight know that crossing one's legs becomes impossible. It just does. I want to be able to do that again (without thinking about it). 

Funny... the things that you want to do once you've gotten too big to do them. We all go through it -- it's akin to mourning. 

However, we CAN get those things back. We just have to work at it. It IS worth the time, effort, and energy. WE are worth it. 
I. AM. WORTH. IT

No comments:

Post a Comment