The scale doesn't control you. You control yourself. It's ALL in the decisions you make and the direction you take.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Water Break-Through

Water Break-through

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I've finally hit the water break-through. I was up ALL night rushing to the Ladies room! last time I was at SP, it took a couple of months, this time just about 5 weeks. 

I'm glad it's here and so are my gravel pits... I mean... kidneys! 

"When the body gets the water it needs to function optimally, its fluids are perfectly balanced. Once this happens you have reached the "breakthrough point". What does this mean? 
*Endocrine-gland function improves. 
*Fluid retention is alleviated as stored water is lost. 
*More fat is used as fuel because the liver is free to metabolize stored fat. 
*Natural thirst returns. 
*There is loss of hunger almost overnight." 
~~ Tanya Zilberter, PhD ~~ 

I know that this has proved true for me, but I do not endorse her statements as fact. 

Now that I am re-hydrating myself with water (generally 10-12 glasses per day), I don't feel so tired and listless. I'm not hungry. And when I'm thirsty, I want WATER not sodas or juices. 
More importantly, I KNOW my kidneys are functioning much better. That's the greatest benefit for me as I have suffered with kidney stones since I was four years old. 

Eliminating waste is important. You must flush your system in order for it to function properly. 

"The overweight person needs one additional glass for every 25 pounds of excess weight. The amount you drink also should be increased if you exercise briskly or if the weather is hot and dry. 
*Water should preferably be cold - it's absorbed into the system more quickly than warm water.* 
And some evidence suggests that drinking cold water can actually help burn calories." 

So, folks, drink that water! emoticon 

No comments:

Post a Comment