The scale doesn't control you. You control yourself. It's ALL in the decisions you make and the direction you take.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Dreams... and the story they tell.

Dreams... and the story they tell.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

A couple of months before coming back to Spark people, I began having a recurring dream. 

I was back home on Tybee. I was walking down Jones Avenue -- which runs approximately 3/4 the length of the island. I was slender. I had energy and wasn't tired. 

I went in to a very familiar store to talk with friends and they remarked on the weight I'd gained. Looking down, I saw myself as I am now. I cried. 

One of my friends stopped me cold by telling me that I KNEW how to lose weight and why wasn't I doing it? 

She proceeded to lay it all out for me. "Two sizes" she said. "You've done it before, get out and do it now. I'm not sorry for you." 

I had that dream about 5 times. 

I'm awake now. I DO know how to lose weight and I AM doing it. 

I haven't had that dream since I came back to SP. 

BTW: That sweet old friend of my dreams? She died in 2001. emoticon 

For you, MAJ. I miss you. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment