The scale doesn't control you. You control yourself. It's ALL in the decisions you make and the direction you take.

Monday, May 19, 2014

To Know Where You're Going, Remember Where You've Been.

To know where you're going, remember where you've been.

Monday, May 19, 2014

You may have noticed that I changed my weight loss ticker this morning. 

I have decided that while it's a bit overwhelming to try to lose 130+ pounds, 25 pounds is very much an attainable goal. The starting weight is my current 275 (Goodbye 291!) and my 1st goal is 250 (well, 249 actually...) 

I gave this a lot of thought. I didn't want anyone to think I started out at 275 or that my ultimate goal was 250. Thus this post. I just knew that I needed to see short-term progress. I am curious to know about how long it will take for me to SAFELY, REASONABLY lose 25 pounds. 

I am in no rush. I didn't put it on in one day, one week, one month, or even one year. This is old fat. It will take some time and a lot of dedication and commitment. 

I'm ready. I'm armed with the love and support of family, friends, and Sparkers. Christ is with me, always. I am changing my body and myself to His Honour and Glory. 

I have always believed that to know where you are going, you MUST remember where you have been. 

I've been slender. I am obese. Now, with the turning of the tide, I will return from whence I came. 

The journey continues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment