The scale doesn't control you. You control yourself. It's ALL in the decisions you make and the direction you take.

Monday, August 18, 2014

The Cost of Obesity

The cost of obesity.

Monday, August 18, 2014

 

I'm not just talking about the cost in terms of self-esteem, self-confidence, self-reliance, and self-control. I am talking about the monetary costs. 

The annual cost of being over-weight is $19.39 per pound. For me, at 259 pounds, that is a cost of $2307.41 per year. 

That's the cost of a Gym Membership for my entire family. 21 fill-ups for my SUV. 77 dinners at a nice seafood restaurant. 19 trips to the grocery store for a week's worth of food. 60 visits to the hair salon for a shampoo and trim. 

Of course, there are so many more things that one could count. 

I never really looked at it this way before. I suppose I just thought of the cost to my health. It really is so much more. 

I am ever grateful to see beyond the tree... and see the forest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment