The scale doesn't control you. You control yourself. It's ALL in the decisions you make and the direction you take.

Friday, August 22, 2014

Is This Really Me?


Is this really me?

Friday, August 22, 2014

 

The above photo shows 100 pounds of fat. I need to lose 119 pounds of fat. 

That really can't be right, can it? Am I really that many pounds over weight? 

 

Yes. I am. 

I know from whence it came: Ice cream, pizza, cake, chips, dips, sodas, sugar, salt, cream. 
Jamie Deen once told a group of tourists that his Mom's (Paula Deen) favourite dessert was fried butter with sour cream. I actually thought that sounded pretty tasty. emoticon Y*I*K*E*S. 

Sometimes, it just seems like it's too much to bear (or lose). It isn't. I ate enough to put it on -- I can work enough to take it off. I will succeed. 

"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination." 
~ Ralph Marston ~ 

I did lose 66 pounds in 2009. I'm almost halfway there now at 32 pounds down. Time is my friend. I refuse to be on a set schedule. I will lose weight and not despair if my body's schedule differs from my desire. 

"Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what! Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” 
~ Mark Victor Hansen ~ 

I am determined that if life throws obstacles in my path -- then I will consider it an obstacle course and I will climb, drop, roll, crawl, swim, run, and jump until the path is clear and the course is clear. 

I will not be denied. 

"I am the master of my fate, 
I am the captain of my soul." 
~ William Ernest Henley ~

No comments:

Post a Comment